Student Support Services
New students must attend the Student Orientation at the commencement of the course.
During this time, students will be welcomed and introduced to the School. They will be briefed on the Student Handbook as well as on all the other documents received at that time.
The EduTrust for Education scheme by the Council for Private Education (CPE) is an assurance that proper systems and practices have been put in place to look after the welfare and interest of students in Singapore.
As part of the EduTrust assurance, all students must enter a standard CPE-approved Student Contract when they enroll for a course.
All students must understand the contents and sign the CPE-approved Student Contract. This contract has been set in place to protect the student.
EduTrust requires all students to be covered under the Fee Protection Scheme. The FPS serves to protect the student’s fees. Tuition fees paid by the students to the School will be protected.
Orita-Sinclair has adopted the FPS Insurance Scheme from the following provider approved by CPE
Lonpac Insurance Bhd
Main Line: 6250 7388
View Certificate here.
Further details on the Fee Protection Scheme is available here
The school has signed up for a group medical insurance scheme meeting
EduTrust requirements, which provides students with coverage for the hospitalisation, surgery and treatment costs throughout their course duration.
EduTrust stipulated requirements are:
- Annual limit not less than S$20,000.00 medical costs coverage per student;
- At least B2 ward stay (in government and restructured hospitals);
- 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in school- related activities).
Students are given a photocopy of the master medical insurance policy.
Click here for Group Medical Insurance Certificate from 23 June 2016 to 22 June 2017
Click here for Group Medical Insurance Coverage
Click here for Product Summary and Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Medical Claim form
Students will evaluate their course in the form of student surveys conducted
- at the commencement of the course
- at end of each term and
- at the end of the course
This will provide the School with valuable feedback for the purposes of ensuring the quality of the course.
Orita Sinclair is committed to providing professional counselling, guidance and consultation for students with personal, academic or financial issues and challenges within the private and confidential setting.
The process is directed by the application of specialised skills and strategies in a therapeutic relationship with the student with problems. The goal of intervention is to help students manage these problems effectively so that their total development would not be impeded.
OS Student Counsellor:
Ms Cindy Chan
+65 9222 1402
External Professional Counsellor:
Ms Helena Chua Teik Leak
Help-Serve Home & Counselling Services
+65 9771 9521
The school is committed to providing professional counselling, guidance and consultation for students with emotional and psychological issues and challenges within the private and confidential setting. Students can seek counselling for personal, academic or financial problems.
The Counselling and/or Health Talk is a new initiative introduced to further support the existing student support services that are already in placed.
The current support services include the following :
- student orientation programme
- medical insurance coverage
- academic and career counselling
- pastoral counselling
- well-stocked design and new media library
- wireless internet connection
- hot/cold water dispenser
- break-out area
- regular emails updates and event invitations
- social media updates
The Objective of the talks are as follows:
- Provide information on external health care support services available to students
- Provide information on latest mental, physical and psychological health issues by practioners
- Complement the existing student support services
Majority of our students study here for two primarily reasons. One is to land a job of their dreams and another is the opportunity to further their studies. At Orita Sinclair, every academic staff member is capable of mentoring and sharing the dreams and aspirations of our students. To prepare our students for their future undertakings, Orita Sinclair has implemented the following schemes that will help our students prepare for a better tomorrow:
- Talks and master classes
- Recruitment talks
- Studio visits
- Career counselling sessions
During the pre-course counselling which happens after the students have submitted their application or indicated their intention to apply, the relevant staff or recruitment agents explain the school’s Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) procedures and address all other queries relating to FPS that the students may have.
The Staff-Student Mentoring Scheme is designed to facilitate informal out-of-classroom engagements with the ultimate goal of enriching the students’ learning experience in Orita Sinclair and to support the holistic development of the students.
Mentors meet and work with a small group of students regularly over the full duration of the course to assist mentees to develop the confidence in making the transition from school to professional working life.
Students are allowed to borrow equipment from the School but must sign out for any equipment they wish to loan.
The school facilities include the following:
a. One General Office (30m2)
b. Two Mac Labs (22m & 16m2)
c. One Photography Studio (24m2)
d. One Music Studio (22m2)
e. One Conference Room (43m2)
f. One Meeting Room (12m2)
g. One Library (17m2)
h. One Drawing Room (22m2)
i. Well-stocked design and new media library
j. Wireless internet connection
k. Hot/cold water dispenser
l. Break-out area
Exemption may be granted for a module if a student can demonstrate that he/she have learned and understand the content of that module through previous study or professional experience, deemed substantially equivalent to Orita Sinclair. For an exemption to be considered, a student must have obtained at least a pass grade in a specified modules, and must be taken less than ten years from the date of application. Orita Sinclair reserves the right to recognize only certain qualifications and institutions for exemption, and to contact the awarding institution to verify students’ qualifications. Exempted module will not count towards the unit or course requirement for the course. The maximum number credit units of all the modules granted for exemption must not exceed 30% of the total credit units required to complete the course.
It is the responsibility of the student to submit certified copy of the academic transcript; module outline and other official documentation giving sufficient details of the studies to allow an assessment of the application. All supporting documentation must be in English, including certified translations where appropriate.
Applications for module exemption should be submitted to Orita Sinclair at least 8 weeks prior to the commencement of a particular term in the academic year. Student has to complete an application form, which can be obtained by contacting The Admission Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) together with all required documents.
The Cityneon Scholarship is specially designed to identify the most talented and outstanding individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character with strong community spirit and passion for anything related to design.
Gain a Full Scholarship worth S$19,100 by Cityneon Holdings to pursue a 12 months full time Diploma in Design Communication programme at Orita Sinclair School of Design, New Media & the Arts.
- We have been established since 1956.
- Since then, we have developed into a well-honed IDEAS company with 4 Independent but Integrated businesses.
- We specialize in Interior Architecture, Events, Exhibitions and the creation, design & build of all Experiential Environments.
- We have been a publicly-listed corporation on the Singapore Stock Exchange since 2005.
- We have offices throughout Asia and Middle East.
- We have a global staff strength of more than 300 full-time and part-time personnel.
- Our clients include multi-national corporations, governments and international agencies from over 30 countries.
- Most importantly, we thrive on the challenge of transforming all manner of environments into experiences that leave a lasting impression.
- Applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Good CCA Record
- Strong passion in the course selected
- Good character and conduct
Please email the follow items to us at email@example.com
- A valid Portfolio (if any)
- Completed Application Form
- Certificates & Transcripts
- Recommendation Letter
The Orita Sinclair Place-&-Train Programme
The Place-&-Train scheme by Orita Sinclair School of Design, New Media and the Arts aims to provide NITEC graduates with the golden opportunity to be hired for an immediate full-time design job placement in a good company while furthering their Diploma studies part-time with the School, without serving a bond. Selected candidate will undergo the 12-month Diploma in Design Communication (worth $18,200) fully sponsored by the Participating Company employing them.
Apart from giving you a huge head-start in their design career, this allows you to build your portfolio on the job and potentially earn a higher income as compared to your peers upon graduation.
Graduates emerge from the Place-&-Train scheme with a recognised Diploma, 12 months of working experience, and a strong design portfolio. This will enable you to further pursue your creative careers in the Design Industry or to pursue a Degree programme with any of our affiliated University partners.
We have found the best companies for you! The pool of companies who will be hiring and giving you the first steps to hone your skills as Junior Graphic Designers.
- Advanced Green Solutions Pte Ltd
- Asis Technologies Pte Ltd
- Cityneon Holdings Limited
- Engineering Computer Services (S) Pte Ltd
- Flava Design LLP
- UiLi Print & Services
How to apply
We are seeking for committed candidates that possess a good working attitude, good academic results or portfolio and have the desire to learn and succeed.
If you have what it takes and interested, please email the follow items to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A valid Portfolio (if any)
- Completed Application Form
- Certificates & Transcripts
- Recommendation Letter
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview at Orita Sinclair and will be required to bring along a portfolio of their works.
Successful candidates will then be required to attend an interview with the hiring manager of participating companies. Candidates who are successful in their interviews will be given an employment offer by the participating companies.
The Thomson Shin Min Foundation Bursary
The Thomson Shin Min Foundation Bursary is a special Bursary specially set up to provide an opportunity to individuals who have a love and aspiration to pursue their dream of building their career in the Design and Music Industry. It provides assistance to needy students to pursue their studies in Orita Sinclair – School of Design New Media & the Arts (OS).
All applicants must complete and submit the application form and one copy (non- refundable) each of the following:
- Gross monthly Per Capita household Income (PCI) of less than or equal to $2,000 per month.
- National Registration Identity Card (both sides).
- All relevant academic results and certificates.
- Proof of income per household. All information on income must be accompanied by:
- Employer’s certification letter OR
- Pay slip (preferably for the last three months OR
- Latest income tax statement OR
- CPF statement for the past 12 months
- For self- employed member, please attach an income declaration letter
How to apply
Please email us at email@example.com