Advanced Diploma in Music Production and Audio Engineering
THE ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN MUSIC PRODUCTION
aims to provide students with the knowledge, skills and proficiencies to develop their artistic concept, their musical products and to arm students with adequate proficiencies in business and marketing in order to promote their music to a wider audience. The Advanced Diploma in Music Production will culminate in a regional/international TOUR in which students will actually have to go on TOUR in which they will apply all knowledge and skills learnt from the programme.
Artiste & Product Development
This module introduces students to the field of A&R (Artist and Repertoire), which emphasizes the development of the overall artist concept and development of the product i.e. the music, the repertoire and the live show.
The objective of this module is to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills for the visual and musical development of the artist as a complete package, to equip students with the ability to effectively develop a musical repertoire that is congruent with the artistic image.
- Diploma in Music Production and Audio Engineering or equivalent polytechnic diploma is related field or equivalent.
- Sufficient Portfolio
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- A pass in 3 subjects (inclusive of English) at ‘O’ Level or equivalent.
- Minimum of Grade 5 Music Theory from ABRSM/TRINITY/LCM/ROCKSCHOOL. Student without these listed qualifications can take a Music Theory Placement Test set by the school. Candidate who do not pass the placement test can take the Harmony 1 module as a bridging course.
- Interview and Audition by Course Manager to establish instrument proficiency and suitability.
Applicant with substantial industry practice will be interviewed and attended on a case by case basis.
For International Students:
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level passes grade A to C or grade 1 to 6 in English and two other subjects.
- International applicants who have completed at least 10 years of education may be considered for application. Relevant supporting evidence of applicants’ achievements in the arts must be submitted with the application.
- Equivalent English qualifications include internet-based TOEFL (score of 75 and above), and IELTS (overall score of 5.0 and above).
- For applicants who do not meet requirement 2), a placement test is administered before an applicant can be enrolled into this course. Entry into the course is dependent on results of the placement test.
Graduates can look forward to the following jobs:
Meet our passionate educators who are all industry practitioners. They are seasoned designers and trend-setters in the creative field.
Rizal has recorded some of Malaysia’s top acts such as Nitrous, 6ixth Sense, Fabulous Cats, Seven and Serina Redzuan. He studied under Grammynominated Engineer Eduardo Andres Garcia during his stint at the International College of Music and later worked as a recording engineer at RMP Studio where he studied under worldclass musicians Frederiq Ries and Dave Andrews.
Lor Hui Yun
Lecturer, Design and Music Faculties
BA in Art/Design/Creative Multimedia. LASALLE College of the Arts
Lor Hui Yun has more than 6 years of filming and photography experience. She has a keen interest in creating music videos and has worked with singers globally. She graduated in 2015 from Goldsmiths College with a honours degree in film.
Ken Chong is a multi-award winning composer, and owner of Sound Designers, a music scoring and audio post production firm. His accolades include “Best Original Music Score” at the 2008 Phoenix Awards and the grand prize winner of the FM 100.3 “My Production” Local Music Writing Competition 1999, for the song, ‘You Are Trash’.
As an esteemed Audio Director, Rufus has been credited innumerably for having recorded and produced music for film, Mediacorp television & Radio, computer games, theatre, interactive media and various independent artistes. He has been featured in Channel News Asia and Sconicscoop, for his major involvement with Lion Studios. Mentored by the late British Engineer John Herbert in the art and science of Studio Production, Rufus is regarded for his teaching and supervisory abilities. He graduated with 1st Class Honors in Audio Production from the School of Audio Engineering and his research interests are in the areas of sound synthesis/analysis/control/simulation, spectral analysis, small/large environment control room acoustics, audio quality/degradation, multichannel recording/mixing and mastering.
Starting his musical journey at the age of 14, his keen learning abilities has allowed him to teach himself instruments like the guitar, drums, keyboards and bass. He was awarded a scholarship by the Media Development Authority of Singapore in 2010 to pursue a Bachelor’s in Creative Technology, majoring in Audio Engineering & Sound Production at JMC Academy in Melbourne, Australia. He has also arranged and produced for regional artists like Amuyi (Taiwan), Ferlyn G (Singapore), Mornin Chen (Taiwan), BBF (China), JPGirls (Vietnam) and many more. In 2016 he co-wrote and produced the song《為夢想閃耀》alongside veteran Mandopop singer Derrick Hoh 何維健 as a theme song for the drama ‘The Dream Coders《夢想程式》’which was aired on Mediacorp’s Channel 8 in February 2017 and has been nominated for the Best Theme Song for the Star Awards 2018.
How to apply
All prospective students are encouraged to contact our Recruitment Executive or authorised recruitment agents for a pre-course counseling session if they would like to enrol for a course with Orita Sinclair School of Design & Music.
The purpose of this session is for us to address the needs of students as an individual, professional and as a student of our institute.