In a crowded market, impactful advertising can make or break a company. Effective copywriting can raise your brand profile and connect you with your target audience. This module introduces participants to the elements of copywriting and how to express a succinct viewpoint tailored to the brand’s identity and marketing context. Balance clarity with creativity in promotional text and learn from real-world case studies.
Participants will gain an understanding of copywriting as well as brand identity and how the latter can shape the former. They will be able to apply skills learnt to a wide variety of media, both traditional and interactive. Those working as part of an agency, in-house teams and freelancers will all benefit from this course.
Who Should Attend
In-house designers looking to level-up their company’s marketing efforts. Freelancers seeking to enhance the quality of their design work and widen their range of skills to include branding and copywriting.
- Essentials of Copywriting
- Headline, body copy and call-to-action
- Brand Awareness
- Understanding of Branding and Naming Brands
- Brand Identity and Writing for Visuals
- Tailoring Copy to Fit Your Target Audience
- Writing for Online and Offline Media
- Print Ad Copy
- Advertorial Copy
- Flyer and Brochure Copy
- Facebook and Twitter Copy
- Writing Taglines
- Organising & Creating Content
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise how copywriting aids in brand awareness of certain products
- Select the most effective media outlet for brand promotion
- Generate copy design concepts and develop design ideas for effective design solutions
- Design copy that is tailored to fit different target audiences
- Write copy for print media, web and multimedia products for product promotion, eg; print ad copy, advertorial copy, flyer and brochure copy, social media copy
- Maintain an awareness of trends and developments in design and copywriting
About the Trainer
Xu Zhiwei has been in the advertising industry for 12 years of which 5 were as a copywriter and 7 as a strategy planner. He specialises in recruitment, retail, tourism and the public sector and has worked with clients such as National Arts Council, Heritage Board, Singapore Civil Defence Force, Bugis+ and United Overseas Bank. The move from writing to planning saw him solve communication challenges by marrying creative and media strategies to achieved synergistic campaigns.
For more information on SkillsFuture, click HERE
For more information, download the e-brochure HERE